Customer Service Orientation
Customer Service and accepable behavior are vitally important in our industry. Guests and customers, particularly those on holiday, expect an outstanding service experience as well as positive memories.
- What is hospitality? The role of hospitality in our modern service economy
- The guest service process / model including the importance of “Moments of truth”
- Who are our customers / guests?
- Identifying customer / guest needs and expectations
- Managing customer expectations / The impact of hospitable behavior on guest satisfaction
- Handling complaints in a professional way
Change is the only constant in your company / in our life. Without change, hotels lose their competitive edge and fail to meet the needs of guests. Change Management allows us to implement changes without effecting the day-to-day operation in a negative manner.
- What is change and where does it come from?
- Why do we need to manage change? Benefits of change management
- How to manage change effectively
- ADKAR Change Management Model
- Reactions to change: 7 phases of change
- The tool (including a book and a video) “Who moved my cheese” will be used to discuss the importance of change and change management
Professional Communication Skills
This course is designed to give a general and clear introduction to effective communication. Participants will understand how communication works and how to communicate professionally within the hospitality environment.
- Definition and importance of effective communication
- The sender – receiver model
- Overcoming barriers to effective communication
- Non-verbal communication
- Levels of listening
- Understanding different communication styles
- Influence of communication styles on communication- interacting with different styles
- Analysing your own communication style
- Choosing the best communication style according to the actual situation
- Professional communication within a team
Effective Planning & Organising Skills – Time and Stress Management
Self-Management, which includes planning, organizing and stress management skills, is an essential skill for every effective manager. This course is designed to understand and apply the principles of self-management.
- Evaluate yourself in your role as a Supervisor / Manager.
- Analysing the use of your time
- Looking at the impact of procrastination
- Process of planning and organising
- Understanding the delegation process
- Managing your e-mails
- Effective business meetings
- Sources and symptoms of stress in the workplace
- Identifying your personal stress level
- Key principles of minimising and controlling stress
- Use of Management Exercise: Participants will be given the possibility to demonstrate their self-management skills
Advanced Leadership Skills
In our job, our people skills (=soft skills) have as much of an impact on your success as your technical skills. This course is designed to understand what makes a good leader and how to develop one’s soft skills.
- Management versus Leadership
- Leadership roles and competencies
- Leading by example
- Understanding different leadership styles and their impact (including a management exercise to practice these styles)
- Gain an understanding of Situational Leadership
- Being able to choose the right approach for the situation / for the individual team member
- Assessment of personal / preferred leadership style
- Creating a personal leadership development plan